NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

NCAM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutrition, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCAM) student group at UCLA is founded upon the belief that awareness and understanding of integrative medicine and health is essential to buildi

Welcome to NCAM forum! Smile When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

3 posters

Elementary School Outreach Progress

Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Elementary School Outreach Progress Empty Elementary School Outreach Progress

Post by Vivian Lam Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey Erica? Did you get to set up a meeting with Pam? Do you think I can come along to this meeting? Because I have some questions for her too.
    Erica Kumala

Elementary School Outreach Progress Empty Re: Elementary School Outreach Progress

Post by Erica Kumala Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Hey Vivian, Yes! me and Agustin are meeting her on Friday at 3pm in Kerckhoff 105 so join us if you're free! Smile Also we updated the google doc incase you want to see about some things we've added/talked about since last week.
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Elementary School Outreach Progress Empty Re: Elementary School Outreach Progress

Post by Vivian Lam Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey Erica,

Awesome, I can meet you guys then. can you post the doc link here for easy access?
    Erica Kumala

Post by Erica Kumala Thu May 03, 2012 1:31 am

Hey okay sounds good! I'm not sure if the link will work here? but I updated it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mdLlwnX7_K4qCyNx0CpsiUEafhGTNIFz2EQVEuGpQXM/edit#
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Sun May 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Hey Erica,

So what did Pam say?
    Erica Kumala

Post by Erica Kumala Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 am

Hey Vivian,
    She had ALOT of things just logistical stuff we need to plan to get this in motion, but the main things first off that she said to try to get done are establish curriculum and school locations. We've got about 2/3 of the curriculum done, and are in the process of finding schools (I think Agustin is going to ask around to some other clubs and I'm going to try to do the same or research stuff in the area). I think our goal is probably 9-12 schools for the entire school year so that would be about 3-4 schools per quarter. After we establish schools/curriculum she said we need to then go through the logistical stuff (i.e. funding, transportation, waivers, training)...I'll try to post up the things she mentioned about that on the google doc. In a nutshell we need to apply for funding by beginning of fall if we want to start the program fall or winter quarter of next year.
    Erica Kumala

Post by Erica Kumala Fri May 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Hey Vivian,

By the way do you have the contact info for the acupressure speaker? I was talking to agustin last friday about possibly asking her for some slides/info for our Integrative Medicine curriculum because I wanted to try to incorporate some hands on stuff into the presentation.

Thanks! Smile
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Sun May 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Hey Erica,

I do: http://www.cewm.med.ucla.edu/AboutUs/team/slee.html
    Erica Kumala

Post by Erica Kumala Tue May 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks! Sorry but does she have an email address? I only see her phone number listed on the website..
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 pm

I wouldn't know her email address. but! I would google it
    agustinorozco

Post by agustinorozco Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:34 am

Hey is it possible to change the elementary school link title to high school
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Ohhh gotcha. lemme ask sam

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am