NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

NCAM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutrition, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCAM) student group at UCLA is founded upon the belief that awareness and understanding of integrative medicine and health is essential to buildi

Welcome to NCAM forum! Smile When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

3 posters

Hiking Trip

Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Hiking Trip Empty Hiking Trip

Post by Vivian Lam Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi guys,

So I was thinking we can make hiking trips part of an incentive for ncam members. So what do you think about:

1. members can go free, but guests have to pay five dollars. (first quarter, anyone who is on their way to becoming a member/was a member last quarter can go, but after this quarter if they didn't meet the cut in fall, they have to pay during the next quarter)

2. Members pay 2 dollars, guests pay five dollars. (same member rule as above)

The hiking money will cover lunch and gas money.

Also... I don't want to make Katherine/Victor be the only drivers on this trip, just because they are the only people we know with cars. Just seems sad to me. and! depending on only them to do that will cut down the times we can go hiking. So... What are some ideas for drivers? Maybe, ncam will pay member drivers for the ride, and nonmember drivers can go for free?

My goal eventually. is to get weekly trips. Because with this ucla schedule every weekend there are sommmeeee people who just finished midterms. or something. And I think it's a great way to promote wellness. good time to give your brain a break. to bond. stuff like that. i don't know hiking is great.

Erik Jue

Hiking Trip Empty Re: Hiking Trip

Post by Erik Jue Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm leaning towards number 2.

If I understood right it should be
    Members: $2
    First quarter in NCAM: $2
    Guests: $5

EDIT: or maybe even free for first quarter in NCAM just for the 1st hike.
    Wendy

Post by Wendy Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm thinking $2, or even $5 for a social with lunch is a good deal. I like:

Members + People from meetings: $2
    Guests of NCAM people: $5
    ^Basically what Erica said.

We could reimburse for gas and waive hiking fee for drivers that help us carpool!

IDK about weekly trips, maybe if it was by bus, we could try for that. I personally would go to 2-3 a quarter, maximum. It just takes a lot of time out of the weekend.
    Erik Jue

Post by Erik Jue Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:31 pm

lol. T_T
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 pm

sorry erik and wendy I didn't check this till it was too late. BUT... i like the ideas.

bahaha wendy you called erik erica.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am