NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

NCAM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutrition, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCAM) student group at UCLA is founded upon the belief that awareness and understanding of integrative medicine and health is essential to buildi

Welcome to NCAM forum! Smile When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

4 posters

Weekly Email Blasts

Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Weekly Email Blasts  Empty Weekly Email Blasts

Post by Vivian Lam Sun May 06, 2012 3:46 pm

**Note: This thread is no longer relevant. Please email all events you want to include in the weekly email blast (including committee meetings or any other non-NCAM events) to Josephine directly before Saturday night because emails are generally sent out Sunday night. (updated 10/30/12)

Hey Guys,

I'm going to put the link here, and if you have any events you want me to send out with the emails please include the following info:

Title
    Date/Time:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YjRGjL01VLLyAMAFCyEAxsuz5NGiHb3-JoAdjQS7JsE/edit
    Samantha Phung
    Samantha Phung
    Admin

Weekly Email Blasts  Empty Re: Weekly Email Blasts

Post by Samantha Phung Sun May 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Do we post the new events on here or on the google doc?
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Sun May 06, 2012 5:44 pm

post them on that google doc
    Erik Jue

Post by Erik Jue Sun May 06, 2012 7:22 pm

the link is view only at the moment, go ahead and add Tai Chi again.
    Wendy

Post by Wendy Wed May 09, 2012 12:02 am

That's awesome. What sort of stuff are you looking to add? Opportunities?

Like this stuff?

FREE Practice GRE, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, OAT, and PCAT

On-Campus, Saturday May 19th @ 9AM (GRE, MCAT, PCAT) and 10AM (LSAT, DAT, OAT)
    Kaplan is holding a FREE Practice Test for the GRE, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, OAT, and PCAT. Our on site, campus event at UCLA is taking place on Saturday May 19th @ 9AM (GRE, MCAT and PCAT); and 10AM (LSAT, DAT and OAT). To register for this free event, fill out the following web form: http://bit.ly/WhereWillYouTakeYou. Before the event, we will send you an email confirming your registration and providing you with instructions (and location) for checking in on Saturday morning.
    Each test will last up to 4 hours and will be proctored like an actual exam. The exams will be scored and results will be available following the exam, with comprehensive feedback on your individual performance. After the test, one of our expert instructors will give a short workshop on test-taking strategies and will answer any questions that you may have.
    This is a great opportunity for you to see how you might score on the real thing, and also to become familiar with the kinds of questions that will be on the real test. For most students, this exam will be a more realistic test-taking experience as you can practice in the format that mirrors most graduate school exams.

This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in going to business, grad, law, med, dental, optometry, or pharmacy school in the next few years!
    Sincerely,
    Tark Dano
    Wendy

Post by Wendy Wed May 09, 2012 12:02 am

Oh. This is nice!!

USAC Community Service Commission (CSC) presents Issues Awareness Week 2012: A Generation in Crisis

This year's Issues Awareness Week focuses on the generation of today and the problems we face surrounding education, body image, and our place in society. We aim to give a voice to these under-communicated issues to facilitate campus awareness and to put education into action.

Monday, May 14
    ReGENERATION CEC Film Screening I 7:30-10:00pm I Moore 100
    Guest Speaker: Director Phillip Montgomery
    The award-winning documentary film is narrated by Ryan Gosling and features Amy Goodman, Mos Def, and Talib Kweli.

Tuesday, May 15
    International No Dieting Day in collaboration with ORL, Reflections at UCLA, Bruin Resource Center, CAPS
    Tabling in Kerckhoff Quad I 10:00am-2:00pm
    America the Beautiful 2: The Thin Commandments I 7:00pm I De Neve Auditorium

Wednesday, May 16
    CPOSA Education Caucus Town Hall I 5:30-8:00pm I De Neve Plaza Room
    Learn about the issues we face within education and the impact we have as UCLA students. Guest speakers, prizes, and performances by Afrikan Arts Ensemble and Envision Vocals!

Thursday, May 17
    "Your Next Door Community" Info Graphics I 10:00am-2:00pm I Bruin Plaza
    Learn about the 23 organizations CSC represents that work to address the issues of education, health, special needs, hunger, and tax assistance in the greater Los Angeles community.

Sunday, May 20
    Body Image Peer-Discussion I 11:00am-3:00pm (free lunch)
    Led by Reflections at UCLA - email ReflectionsAtUCLA@gmail.com to sign up

For more info, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/291406620948132/
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Wed May 09, 2012 12:45 am

Hmmm I super like the bottom one, maybe not so much the test ones? Maybe if there was a test necessary for unconventional universities after college, but yeah. More ncammy feel to it would be ideal
    Erik Jue

Post by Erik Jue Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey Vivian, we need to send out an email about the banquet to try to get more people to fulfill the membership requirements as we discussed earlier in the week. I kinda told you the members for this quarter but let me know if you need something more detailed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am