NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

NCAM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutrition, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCAM) student group at UCLA is founded upon the belief that awareness and understanding of integrative medicine and health is essential to buildi

Welcome to NCAM forum! Smile When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

+4
Vivianne Chang
Christine Park
Josephine Nguyen
Samantha Phung
8 posters

Committee description for NCAM website + officer descriptions

Samantha Phung
    Samantha Phung
    Admin

Committee description for NCAM website + officer descriptions Empty Committee description for NCAM website + officer descriptions

Post by Samantha Phung Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:55 pm

HELLO! Please paste your committee descriptions here! And feel free to include pictures you want on the page!

Please give me your descriptions, too! You can use copy and paste this code to use in your reply Smile

Code:
    NAME
    [b]POSITION[/b]:
    [b]YEAR AND MAJOR[/b]:
    [b]OTHER ACTIVITES[/b]:
    [b]FAVORITE NCAM EVENT[/b]:
    [b]FAVORITE QUOTE[/b]:

Last edited by Samantha Phung on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Josephine Nguyen

Committee description for NCAM website + officer descriptions Empty Re: Committee description for NCAM website + officer descriptions

Post by Josephine Nguyen Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Josephine Nguyen
    POSITION: Co-President
    YEAR AND MAJOR: 4th year, Microbiology, Immunology, & Molecular Genetics (MIMG) major & English minor
    OTHER ACTIVITES: UCLA Center for Human Nutrition Lab, Best Buddies, Venice Family Clinic Assistant
    FAVORITE NCAM EVENT: Tea Party
    FAVORITE QUOTE: “He is a heavy eater of beef. Methinks it doth harm to his wit.” – Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
    Christine Park

Committee description for NCAM website + officer descriptions Empty Re: Committee description for NCAM website + officer descriptions

Post by Christine Park Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Hey Samantha I found a blurb I sent to you before ... added some more, feel free to add on more, co-director Smile

And as usual, my writing skills are not that envious, so edit as needed!

Blurb:

The Nutrition Committee hosts the annual Nutrition Fair on the hill and works with other NCAM committees and outside organizations to plan other nutrition-related events. The annual Nutrition Fair, started last year as a means to reach out to hill residents about healthy eating and lifestyle. Last year, we worked with ORL, AMSA, Nursing Students at UCLA-CNSA, Udi’s at UCLA, as well as UCLA Dining Services to make the event a success. This year, we aim to continue not only building relationships with other health groups, but also importantly to gain knowledge about nutrition and health to impart to hill residents, especially as it pertains to the resources they have on campus, particularly the hill.

NAME: Christine Park
    POSITION: Nutrition Fair Director, Nutrition Committee Co-Director
    YEAR AND MAJOR: 4th year Integrative Biology and Physiology
    OTHER ACTIVITES: Road to Damascus A Cappella, MAP Volunteering
    FAVORITE NCAM EVENT: Arts and Healing Workshop
    FAVORITE QUOTE: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”
    Isaiah 41:10
    Vivianne Chang
    Vivianne Chang

Post by Vivianne Chang Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Vivianne Chang
    POSITION: Public Relations Director, IM Committee Co-Director
    YEAR AND MAJOR: 3rd year, Human Biology and Society
    OTHER ACTIVITES: UCLA Center for East-West Medicine, Bruin Tzu Ching
    FAVORITE NCAM EVENT: Sustainable Movement Workshop
    FAVORITE QUOTE: “Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.” ―Mitch Albom

I'm looking at some new organizations so I'll update you if I add any other activities. Smile

Edit: I updated my officer description and I'll email you the IM Committee description soon.

Last edited by Vivianne Chang on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Erik Jue

Post by Erik Jue Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Erik Jue
    POSITION: Secretary, Professional Networking Director
    YEAR AND MAJOR: 3rd year Bioengineer
    OTHER ACTIVITES: Martial Arts, Kamei Lab
    FAVORITE NCAM EVENT: Cooking Workshops
    FAVORITE QUOTE: "Skate better" ~Katie Brinker, Brink!

I'll email you professional networking for the webstie
    Erica Kumala

Post by Erica Kumala Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 pm

NAME: Erica Kumala
    POSITION: Program Coordinator & Outreach Co-Director
    YEAR AND MAJOR: 4th year, Physiological Science Major
    OTHER ACTIVITES: Neurobiology Research
    FAVORITE QUOTE: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:38 pm

i love everyone's quotes

Vivian Lam
    POSITION: Co-President
    YEAR AND MAJOR: 4th year,Physiological Sciences major
    OTHER ACTIVITES: APA Health Care, Health Policy Forums, Child Life Volunteer
    FAVORITE QUOTE: Don Quixote: "But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be."
    Wendy

Post by Wendy Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 am

I emailed you my reply. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am