NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NCAM

Welcome to NCAM forum! When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

NCAM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutrition, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCAM) student group at UCLA is founded upon the belief that awareness and understanding of integrative medicine and health is essential to buildi

Welcome to NCAM forum! Smile When registering, please use your full name as your username, to better get to know each other. Have fun and keep healthy!

4 posters

Feedback for Flyers

Katherine Diep

Feedback for Flyers Empty Feedback for Flyers

Post by Katherine Diep Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi all!

I hope everyone has been doing well Smile I just finished drafting flyer templates for next year's workshops. I have a slightly different layout and color combination for every project (GM/Social, SIHM, Outreach, Professional Networking, Nutrition).

Please follow the download links below to view the PDFs and give me your feedback!

• GM/Socials: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957024/Flyer%20-%20General%20Workshop%20Template.pdf

• SIHM: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957024/Flyer%20-%20SIHM%20Workshop%20Template.pdf

• Outreach: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957024/Flyer%20-%20Outreach%20Template.pdf

• Professional Networking: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957024/Flyer%20-%20Professional%20Networking%20Template%202.pdf

• Nutrition: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11957024/Flyer%20-%20Nutrition%20Workshop%20Template.pdf

Thanks!
    Katherine Smile
    Vivianne Chang
    Vivianne Chang

Feedback for Flyers Empty Re: Feedback for Flyers

Post by Vivianne Chang Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I think they look great! For professional networking and SIHM workshop will the images be stretched out?
    Katherine Diep

Post by Katherine Diep Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Vivianne: no it won't. It just looks like that because I needed a sample picture to place there. When I put the actual pictures in, I will be orienting them in a way so that they won't be all stretched out and funny looking Smile
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 am

I think these are great! Just wondering what your plans with them are? Large/small? Are these for flyering on the hill and stuff? Is this for the board? Sorry I feel like we definitely made a decision about this before, I just can't remember Sad

One suggestion (don't have to take)
    I was thinking more immediate attention might need to be directed to the title. Maybe if we made the image clump slightly smaller? Like the box for ncam/date/time maybe a little bit smaller. Or maybe a bolder color for the title. I'm not sure, but I do feel like I ignore the title text a little bit.
    Katherine Diep

Post by Katherine Diep Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 am

Vivian: The wonderful thing is that they can be used for both large and small! Very Happy Large flyers will look as is, and the small flyers will be downsized so that four can fit onto one page.

Also, I did not design the flyer with a particular destination in mind (i.e. Bruinwalk, the Hill). I made them generic on purpose; however, if we do need to flyer on the hill, I can add the appropriate logos and whatnot (idk how to get access to those images and which images need to be on there, though, so if somebody knows, please fill me in!).

Ideally, I was aiming to get a picture that would embody the workshop (a picture is worth a thousand words!) However, I will see if I can adjust the poster so that more attention will be focused on the title and not the image. Smile
    Erik Jue

Post by Erik Jue Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:52 am

Looks great! For Professional Networking the yellow is a bit harsh, maybe a different color or not as bright.
    Vivian Lam
    Vivian Lam

Post by Vivian Lam Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Awesome!

If I have pictures that are specific to an event would you prefer if i just learned how to get it into the tea spot? Or should i send it to you?

I'm thinking about maybe giving this to Christine to use for nutrition fair, but I think we might use more dorm related pictures
    Katherine Diep

Post by Katherine Diep Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Eric: I will try to look for a different shade of yellow.

Vivian: I can put the picture in; it's not that big of a deal, and won't take much time once the templates are finalized. If you want, I can also show you how to put it in! I use Microsoft Word on the Mac, so if you have a Mac as well it would make things ten times easier Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 am